Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary!



Today is the 30th anniversary of the first airing of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, one of my anime Holy Trinity. I can't pretend it's been with me for a long time, but the hold it's had on my brain more than makes up for it. It's a series that mixes so many different tones: goofy absurdity, sweet idealism, some cool mecha action. It's also got a great cast of characters, with arcs extending beyond the main cast members.

In short, we love it here at the house of the Pterobat. It's true, yeah, that I love it the most for the Zentradi, but come on...that's the proof that the show had such a good secondary cast. I'll never think that story arc is about anything about the power of culture, and the rediscovery of humanity.

I hardly ignore everything else, though, because SDFM as a whole is just awesome, and that's no lie. Like the best series, you have your personal preferences, but you embrace the work as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment